“Those we love never truly leave us. There are things death cannot touch.” — Jack Thorne
- Grief from loss is an ugly, sticky thing that colors everything in sadness and chaos. It robs all moments of joy and many a bereaved person have been lost in its abyss.
- A kind word or acknowledgment of their pain can offer solace during a difficult time.
- Tip: Often people avoid talking about the person who has passed out of fear of reminding their friend of their loss. But here’s the truth - they never forget and you talking about someone they loved very much may give them the opportunity to relive those golden moments.
- Please accept our deepest sympathy and heartfelt thoughts.
- May time accomplish what no words can do.
- Words are so inadequate at a time like this.
- May God be with you at this time.
- There is so little one can say, but my heart goes out to you.
- My heart is reaching out to you in sympathy and prayer.
- May the comfort of friends and family be your strength now and in the days ahead.
- May God hold you in His arms and heal the sorrow that you feel.
- May God hold you in the palm of His hand and comfort you with His everlasting love.
- Our sympathy and warmest thoughts are with you now.
- Expressing sympathy is always difficult, but all we can say is how sorry we are.
- We're with you in our thoughts today.
- Our thoughts are with you in this time of sorrow.
- May memories be a source of comfort at this time.
- May it help to know that friends are sharing the sorrow in your heart.
- May time be a source of healing for you.
- Please remember that if you need us, we're only a phone call away.
- Hope these words convey our heartfelt sympathy during your time of loss.
- Sometimes things are easier to bear when you know friends care.
- May time and love bring you peace.
- With sincere and heartfelt sympathy in your time of sorrow.
- Sharing in your sorrow and offering deepest sympathy.
- May the love of family and friends bring you peace and comfort.
- Caring thoughts are with you.
- Hoping my deepest sympathy brings you comfort in some small way.
- May you find consolation in knowing that others care.
- Please remember that your loss is shared by those who care and understand.
- May God's love give you strength during your time of sorrow.
- Sharing your sorrow in the loss of your loved one.
- Hoping these words of sympathy will comfort you in your time of sorrow.
- You're in my thoughts and in my prayers.
- People pass on, but their memory lives on in our hearts.
Ten Practical Ways to Help Your Friend Through the Death of a Loved One
An updated piece on how to survive grief and help loved ones deal with their loss. Practical tips on what to say and what not to say, and how to simply be a loving presence without taking it on as a problem that you need to solve.