You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.
— Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.
— The White Company by Arthur Conan Doyle
When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No … don’t blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn’t sound very exciting, does it? But it is!
— Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières
- First things first, figure out your partner’s love language.
- Be honest about your feelings —with yourself and your partner.
Words of Affirmation
- <Name>, I hope you know how much I love you.
- You mean so much to me. I know I don’t say it much, but I’m so grateful for you.
- I thank God/the Universe for bringing us together.
- I’m so glad we are the same kind of weird.
- I wouldn’t trade you for ten just like you.
- I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it.
- I wish I could open my heart and show you all the lovely feelings you give me.
Top 50 romantic quotes from literature
Quotes Posted by Stylist Team Published background Layer 1 Add this article to your list of favourites From poems to passages from classic books and plays, here are our pick of the best love quotes in literature.