- Just like anything that needs to grow, a relationship needs oxygen - space to breathe.
- It’s more than okay to ask your partner for a little space. An understanding and supportive partner will understand your needs.
- Sometimes it can be hard though why “less time with them” is a good thing. It’s really easy to take a request for space seriously.
- Use this guide to frame the conversation in the most empathetic and effective way.
- You know I love you so much, right?
- And just because I need me-time every now and then doesn’t have anything to do with how I feel about you or our relationship.
- I just need me-time to clear my head, meditate, and focus on my needs. When we get back together, I will feel stronger and healthier and will be able to be a better partner to you.
- Even before you came into my life, I always needed time alone to reset. It’s just part of my personality and is a need that I don’t get to choose to have.
- I hope you understand why this is important to me and that you know that I love you very much.
- Let’s plan on doing something fun when I get back.
How To Ask For Space In A Relationship Without Hurting Your Partner's Feelings
When a relationship is brand new and you're still getting to know your partner, it can be hard to imagine wanting to spend time away from them, doing your own thing. But the longer you're together, the more you'll realize that not only is it OK to...
A Therapist on How to Ask a Partner For Space - Dame
It's one of few phrases a person in a relationship hopes they never hear from a partner, which is understandable. Relationships are foundational to our lives and mental well-being. When we hear those words, we often think of the worst case scenario: a break-up.