- How to disagree (respectfully) with your boss's feedback
- How to give feedback
- How to give a recommendation
“To become more effective and fulfilled at work, people need a keen understanding of their impact on others and the extent to which they achieve their goals in their working relationships. Direct feedback is the most efficient way for them to gather this information and learn from it.”
– Ed Batista
“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.”
– Winston Churchill
- Hi <Name>, would you be willing to give me feedback on <specific things you want feedback on>?
- I value your input and perspective.
- Do you have any tips on how I can <specific details on what you what to achieve>?
- I’ve been working on <what you want feedback on>. Do you have any feedback you can share with me?
- I’m compiling some end-of-year feedback on my performance for my manager. I find it helps with performance reviews.
- Thank you!